Monday, September 13, 2010

Our Current Whereabouts

Mon Sept 13th - I thought that I would post a note in “real time” for those who are following our itinerary as well as the blog, and who may be wondering “Where in the world is Waldo?” (or my parents, daughter, or whatever..….)

We have spent the past week enjoying Yellowstone NP and then Grand Teton NP. Today, we are on the road, again, heading towards California (with a bit of sightseeing along the way) to visit with our daughter, Laura and her husband, Dave, in the Berkeley area.

Leaving Grand Teton NP marks the end of the second section of this trip. We have been on the road for almost 7 weeks and have driven 9,000 miles. The sights that we have seen and the experiences have been awesome and awe inspiring. Fred and I had talked about going to these National Parks for years…..and the experience lived up to our expectation. These are truly some of the most beautiful areas of the country. We say “goodbye” with mixed feelings…….This trip has been almost more of a “scouting expedition” than a comprehensive look at any one park. There is so much more to see……and so many more places to go. I think that we will have to plan to go back to each major Park for at least a month.

I am looking forward to this next part of our trip – visiting with Laura and Dave, then on to some of the National Parks in Utah, then over to see our other daughter, Sarah, and her boyfriend, Jason in Phoenix, AZ. I admit to a bit of “homesickness”, but, getting to see the kids (well….2 out of 3 of the kids) keeps me eagerly anticipating the travel.

It has been difficult to find the time to write all about our experiences when we are so busy sightseeing. I find that I can write better while traveling, so, with a couple of days of driving ahead of us, I will catch up on posting the highlights of our time at Yellowstone and Grand Teton.

No comments:

Post a Comment